nav bar

Image Map

Sunday, June 8, 2014

A Father's love.

 
 
When I picture a good daddy I think of a safe haven, I see a little girl comforted in her daddy's strong arms. That wasn't my daddy though.
He was my best friend...when he was around. But once he disappeared the first time, and again, and again, and again my faith started dwindling. The sad part is I didn't even know it was happening.
 
Without realizing it I had intertwined so much of The Father's love for me and compared it with my own father's love. But it couldn't measure up. It never would.
 
Even if my daddy would have been an amazing father to me it wouldn't have compared, and that's still so hard for me to wrap my mind around. Because unlike my earthly dad, my heavenly daddy never left me, no never. I knew these things in my mind, and could quote scripture like nobody's business but somehow I couldn't believe that God could really love ME. Unlovable-that ugly word that the devil had tried to pin on me for as long as I can remember.
 
But then, The Lord gave us a special gift. Our Selah. He gave me the gift of seeing my husband as a daddy. An amazing daddy who would do anything for his little girl. Who never wants to see her upset or hurt or lacking any good thing. This is the picture of redemption, this is the picture of grace.
 
I'm finally getting another chance to see a glimpse of God's love for me, but this time it's through the eyes of my little girl.
 
Oh, how He loves us. He's still teaching me just how much.



2 comments:

  1. I am tearing up right now! Love this post. It's so true <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tearing up! Wow, Sarah. What a testimony in the making! Praise God for redemption, second chance, and His love beyond measure! You are a hope to so many people with a similar past!

    ReplyDelete