nav bar

Image Map

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Lead Foot

I'm just going to cut right to the chase. I got pulled over yesterday. For speeding. OH JOY! *cough*sarcasm*cough cough* This is the 3rd time i've been pulled over this year! Pretty ridiculous if you ask me. The crazy thing is that I was on the phone when I got pulled over AND I didn't have my license with me! The cop ONLY gave me a speeding ticket for going 60 in a 45.
 I was so upset. Like yelling, crying, mad at the world upset. I feel horrible for writing this but I feel like being real is important. My sister and I prayed and believed together that I would get off with a warning. But I didn't. My spoiled little self wanted to break the law and get away with a warning. Typical.
I didnt realize how foolish I was being until about an hour later. I realized how getting that speeding ticket could have been a blessing in disguise. Whose to say that being 15 mins late to pick my hubby up from work kept us from being in an accident?.Whose to say that if it wasnt me getting pulled over it was a single mom who was struggling to make ends meet and only had 5 dollars to her name.
So now, I'm thankful it was me. So thankful.

Romans 8:2828 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

I've learned my lesson. No more speeding for me. I'm so thankful everyday for God's mercy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment