nav bar

Image Map

Friday, August 24, 2012

To be shy.

So, I always sometimes think too much. It's something that i've always hated about myself because it has stopped me from doing the things I want to do and need to do.
I had every intention of starting this blog and writing every day-but that hasn't happened. Obviously. Do you know why? It's because i'm thinking too much.
What will everyone think about me? I can't let people see me with my guard down.
What if my grammar isn't perfect and my blog posts don't make sense?
WHAT IF I LOOK STUPID?
I don't know about you but I'm tired of the devil's lies. I'm tired of letting him get away with everything. He's trying to stop me from doing the things God wants me to do. From being a light. That's not okay. My whole life he has tricked me into thinking that my opinion doesn't matter to anyone. That I don't matter.
Shyness has always been something I've battled for as long as I can remember. I've always tried to get to the root of it. Just a month ago I thought I came up with the answer, "It's because I was a chunky kid, I just know it!" I told my hubby. A year ago it was because, "I have 3 older sisters who never cared about the things I had to say." Excuses. That's all they were. I know these things could have contributed to my problem. But I haven't really been digging the problem out by the roots. The devil. That's it. Case closed.
He doesn't want me writing this blog because through it I'm going to give God glory. He doesn't want me talking to random people because it's going to give God glory. He doesn't want me to street witness because-HELLO! It's going to give God the glory. Do you see a pattern here? My being silent is not giving God the glory. It has to stop. Now.
Because if we're not giving God the glory in our everyday lives then what are we here for?  That's what he placed us here for! To give him Glory. And by giving Him glory we are bringing others to him. That's how it should be. That's how it's going to be.

Reminds me of my favorite Sunday school song. :)
Lift Jesus higher
Lift Jesus higher
Lift Him up for the world to see
He said if I be lifted up from the earth
I will draw all men
I will draw all men
I will draw all men unto me

No comments:

Post a Comment