nav bar

Image Map

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

On growing apart.

It's funny how things change.
There are several different friends I've had at different stages in my life who I thought I would be friends with forever. We had the best time together, the best conversations, and were practically sisters. But as each different stage has passed I've lost one friend and gained another. It makes me sad sometimes.
I do believe, though that God can bring certain friends into your life for certain seasons and right now I feel like I'm on a different level than the friends that I had.
It's just really hard for me to decide what the best thing to do when it comes to a few of my old best friends who don't know the Lord. I've tried ministering to them but they haven't shown much interest.
This is my dilemma: Do I cut off all ties with them because I feel like they are only dragging me down? Or do I keep hanging out with them in hopes that I will be planting a seed?

I've never really had a legit Christian best friend. It's something I've prayed for and will continue to pray for. I want to be around someone who lifts me up! Someone who encourages me to dive deeper into the things of the word! That's what i've prayed for-that's what I'm believing for.

And ya'll God answers prayers. I've seen Him move too many times to ever think it's not true!


1 comment:

  1. It's so hard when you start to grow apart from old friends. I never know what to do either. I know there is sometimes that point where you just have to let it go, but wanting to witness to your friends too adds a whole other dimension!

    ReplyDelete