nav bar

Image Map

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

To be honest.

To be honest,
 I feel like I don't get enough done in the day. I feel terrible when I see my husband coming home from work and having to do the laundry because I didn't get to it. Or what about the time last week when I asked my hubby to drive through burger king on the way home. Yeah that happened. I wish I could say that this is a one time occurrence but it happens quite often-probably about once a week.

The thing is, my hubby is wonderful about it all. He understands that it isn't easy taking care of Selah and that some days are harder than others.

I feel like there is a certain stereotype of who a stay at home mom is supposed to be and I'm constantly trying to compare myself with others. I know it's not a good thing to do but comparison has always been something I've struggled with as much as I try not to.

I know I'm growing and that's why I try to give myself grace. I've only been doing this mommy thing for three and a half months-these things don't just happen overnight. It makes me wonder sometimes if anyone is really that stereotypical stay at home mom or if we all tend to fake it sometimes. It's easy when what you post on facebook are the smiling pictures of your baby and the one yummy meal you happened to make that week. I know I'm certainly guilty of it.

The Lord has been so good and gracious through this time to me. Through all of the thoughts telling me I'm not good enough, I know God is working on me and I know I'm growing. I've seen it many times. Now to just block out the voices telling me I'm not good enough and listen to the voice that really matters.


2 Corinthians 12:9

9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.


1 comment:

  1. love this girl, I'm one in learning as well!! Speaking of laundry I have two basket fulls I'm still waiting to get done on it's own. ;)

    Your hubby seriously sounds like a sweetheart! God certainly blessed you with his best! :) Love you!!

    ReplyDelete