nav bar

Image Map

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Give.

We've been having the stongest winds over yonder in nebraski territory. We totally don't talk like that by the way. Seriously though. If you are wearing a dress you had better watch out so you don't pull a Marilyn Monroe! (I'm speaking from experience)
Anywho I had a blog post alllll written out last night about our photography and the thing froze on me! I'm a tad upset about this. My hours minutes of hard work down the toilet! *sigh*. On a happier note, God is always amazing me.
This past year as newlyweds has been a hard one for Loujo and I, but me in particular. I was very used to being single and pretty much buying and spending money on what I wanted. Then I got married and BAM no more of that! So things have been challenging for me. I'm getting a bonus from work this month for meeting my sales goals(WOOT WOOT!) and I have been busy planning what I'm going to buy with it. THINKING ABOUT WHAT I WANTED. My list looked something like this; Hair done, new dining room table, new clothes, etc. Meanwhile Loujo's mom has been without work for the past couple of months but of course I wasn't thinking anything about it.
Then God started nudging me. "Give it away." "Give it to Louie's mom."
"No no no no no. This can't be God I'm hearing, it's probably just me thinking it. This is MY money. I worked HARD for this!"
So I continued to ignore it. But it continued. For about a week I was having this inner dialogue with God, while convinced that It simply couldn't be Him!
Finally I really listened.
"Give the money away."
"NOO. It isn't fair! I've waited so long for this!"
"Give and it will be given back to you good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over."
"Okay God. I'll do this."
Once I said okay I felt a huge burden being lifted off my shoulders. I told Louie and he was so happy that God told me to do this for his momma.
A few days later we booked another wedding AND got hired by the company I work for to photograph a banquet! SERIOUSLY! This was ALL God. We are getting even more back then what we are giving to his mom! God is so so good! All the time.
Have a great day everyone! PS. If you're in the midwest-don't blow away!

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it so good in the end when we actually obey God? I wonder why we rebel about it so much in the first place?? Thanks for linking up to the Almost Friday blog hop today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. if it really was so easy to hand things over the first time!!!!
    after a few times though, im sure we are more likely to catch on:)

    ReplyDelete