nav bar

Image Map

Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Story of Us. Part 4


It's taken me a few days to write out the last part of Louie and I's
story. This part is the rawest, the most defining, and my sweet husbands
emotions hang in the balance. Because of this I'm going to tread
lightly. God's timing was in every part of this story, especially when I
look back now everything makes perfect sense. I wish this part of the
story wasn't in here. I wish I could just erase it from my memory and
make it so it never happened. But it did and for whatever reason God
knew that my Louie would need someone to pray with on that horrible
Friday night.

Here it goes...
After Lou and I's first date there was a second which,
truthfully didn't go as well as the first. For some reason I began to
question if I really liked him and if we were meant to be together. I
can't really explain my rationale behind it, other than the fact that I
had never had someone pursue me like he did and I guess that turned me
off for whatever reason. I mean I literally prayed to God that I would
have NO question about whether or not the man I was supposed to be with
liked me. I prayed that I wouldn't have to work for his affection and
that his chivalry would prevail. But no, when the time actually came for
me to have my prayers answered I was running away like a little baby. It
took my sister, Amanda to convince me of this! (I owe you big time
sister!) Sometimes you just need a good slap in the face.
Before I had my head on straight came the turning point in this
story. It was a Friday, I'll never forget this day. I was still waiting
tables and I was just finishing up for the night. I was in the back of
the kitchen when I got a text from my friend, Noelle. The conversation
went something like,
"Tell Louie I am so sorry about his dad! Roger was a great guy."
"Wait what? What's going on?"
"His dad died. You didn't know?"
"No! Are you sure??!"
Shortly after I got a text from Louie asking me a random
question.
This completely stopped me in my tracks. A million thoughts started
running through my mind. "He doesn't know? Is he okay? What can I say to
him? What can I do?"
How could I, a girl he just started dating, be the one to tell
him that his dad passed away? I was so scared. Scared for him, scared
for me.
I texted Louie back and said, "Is your dad okay?"
"Wait, what's going on?"
"IS YOUR DAD OKAY?"
"SARAH. What are you talking about? What's going on?"
"Louie I don't know how to even tell you this and I hope and pray that
she's wrong but Noelle just texted me and told me that your dad passed
away. I'm so sorry. I don't know what to say."
"No this can't be real this can't be happening."


    When Loujo got off of work his mom confirmed what we had heard
was true. After he spoke with his mom he called me and asked me to come
pick him up from his house. I was honestly surprised he even wanted to
be with me during this time. I didn't know what to do. I have never
considered myself to be someone who was good with grieving people. It
was always something very difficult for me and I usually tried to avoid
it all together because I never knew what to say. I complied though,
because I knew he needed someone. God chose that someone to be me.
   
It's a good thing that Loujo's house was a good 20 minutes away
from my work because that gave me plenty of time to pray and ask the
Lord to guide me and work through me. I prayed that he would show his
love to Loujo and that he would feel his presence so strongly.
That night we sat in my car for 3 hours and I wrapped my arms
around him as he cried. I listened to what he wanted me to hear,
completely vulnerable, completely unashamed. THAT'S the night I really
fell in the love with this man. I believe that's the night God showed
me the spirit, the character of this man and it's so so beautiful.
 Somehow that night our
conversations turned to other things, to music, work, and memories. We
were laughing together. On that horrible, gloomy night my husband was
given a peace that surpasses all understanding. God is truly amazing. He
answered every prayer I prayed for Louie that night as I layed my hands
on him and let the Holy Spirit speak through me.
 I left Louie's house so
confused at what had happened that night, but so in love with my future
husband and my God. I felt guilty for being happy on this night, for
seeing that God had a reason for bringing us together when He did. But
then I can still hear in my spirit, "He gives beauty for ashes, strength
for fear, gladness for mourning, peace for dismay."
Now it all makes
sense.


   

3 comments:

  1. Your story is so beautiful Sarah, God has really touched your lives in such an amazing way. I just know that your love is one that will last forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wedding photos are beautiful. I haven't read your complete story yet but this part was so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have to read parts 1, 2, and 3. Thank you so much for sharing -- but amazing how God turned this terrible, sad thing into something beautiful for you both.

    I’m so glad to have found your blog! I am over at graceforgayle.blogspot.com, I hope to read more about you! Come over and visit me, too, I’d love to have you.

    ReplyDelete