nav bar

Image Map

Monday, April 22, 2013

Our Pregnancy Story


Baby girl at 24 weeks!



Our pregnancy story.
13 months, 2 days, and 7 hours. That's how long I waited for something I feared would never come.
I can see myself as a little girl with baby dolls spread about my room, each with a name. I counted them once-29 in all. TWENTYNINE. That's a lot of babies! I loved them, oh how I loved them! Eventually I grew out of the baby doll stage but as I grew older that want never ceased. That longing to be mommy remained.
Fast forward to our wedding night. I naively thought I was pregnant the next day. How wrong I was. Every month following that night was the same thing. Symptoms daily followed by tears shed when the symptoms turned out to be a fragment of my imagination. And that ache, oh that ache-It never went away.

When your body is not doing the one thing that it was created to do, It's painful. Especially when the thing your body is supposed to do is the one thing that you've wanted and dreamed about all your life.
So I prayed and claimed my healing that was paid for by Jesus when He took those 39 stripes across His back. But I would be lying if I said I was never discouraged. On the days I was so frustrated my sweet husband was there to help me see where my faith needed to be. He would always tell me, "One day we will have children. God will give us a baby!" He never once doubted. God knew what I needed in a husband.
At about 5 months into trying I began to see the number 21 wherever I went. From clocks to different blogs, they were everywhere! I knew this was no coincidence but for the longest I prayed that God would reveal to me what He was trying to tell me! Then I came across this verse. Genesis 21:1 "The Lord was gracious to Sarah as He had said. The Lord did for Sarah what he had promised."
And a few weeks later-Psalm 21:1 "The king shall have joy in Your strength, O Lord;
And in Your salvation how greatly shall he rejoice!
2 You have given him his heart’s desire,
And have not withheld the request of his lips. Selah"
Then my pastor taught a sermon about Daniel. About how he prayed for 21 days and then the angel of the Lord came to him and said from the first day that he had prayed God heard him!
And then I knew. I without a doubt knew. God was going to come through for me! He would do what He promised. That was why I was seeing these 21's everywhere-He wanted to remind me of that promise. So I clung to it-I clung to it with all my might! For the next several months evertime I saw a 21 I began to thank God for His promises.
On November 10th, 2012 at 7am I sleepily made my way to the bathroom to take what was probably my hundreth pregnancy test. I was so scared, but I think I knew, deep down I knew that this time was different. How could these symptoms be imaginary? There was just no way. I feared that if it was negative I would really look crazy to my husband because every month I was convinced I was pregnant.
I took the test and with shaky hands placed it on the bathroom sink. I remember hearing my heart pound in my chest. After finally working up the courage I glanced over at the test and only saw one word. PREGNANT. I think I stared at it for a good 5 minutes before I could actually believe it. I went and told hubby right away and we praised God together!
Now at almost 7 months pregnant I'm feeling all kinds of kicks and movement from this sweet baby.
How could I have ever doubted what God can do?
He is a BIG God.
What He did once He can do it again!
He healed my body completely and fully.
He gave me this sweet little girl, my hearts desire.
Oh how He must love me.
Oh.
I still can't fathom that love.
 
 

5 comments:

  1. How cool that you found those verses after seeing 21 everywhere! It's amazing what the Lord uses sometimes to show us something. So gla dyou got your sweet baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This story really touched my heart BIG TIME! <3 Love you girl. God is awesome and He works in awesome ways. What a wonderful testimony you'll be able to share with your daughter! Praise God! Oh and btw, I had soooo many baby dolls too! With their own names. I even felt bad about only being allowed to take one to the store with me. I hated playing favorites hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! That's so exciting how God has blessed your desire :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such an awesome story! God is so good! Your little girl is truly blessed to have parents who prayed for her before she was even conceived. Oh and little girls are the best...I'm having so much fun with my little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Friend, I just spent a while reading some of your posts. catching up.. :) Glad I came across this one. What an amazing story of God's miracle in your life. So special and something you can tell her for so many years. So happy for your growing little family!

    ReplyDelete